A detailed and comprehensive solar site assessment is a necessary and important component for every solar electric installation. A typical site assessment will include the following:
- Accurate measurements of roof or ground space which includes any obstructions like the location of plumbing stacks, chimneys, attic vents, etc.
- Shading analysis ( if shading is a concern) from the proposed location for the solar electric system – this data is used to provide accurate energy production estimates.
- Thorough assessment of the buildings electrical infrastructure including service size, make and model and rating of electrical panel board, determine if there is space in the panel board, service transformer size etc. This will help determine whether any electrical service upgrades or new panel boards or sub-panels will need to be installed.
- Discussion with the home or building owner to determine cabling, wiring route from site of solar electric array to location of inverter or electrical panel board.
- Determine location of inverter(s) and integration to the building’s electrical system.
- Gridworks Energy will first provide a preliminary ballpark cost for the system, system energy production, and an economic analysis specific to your home/building via email as an initial step. After reviewing the preliminary assessment, we would be pleased to provide a free and comprehensive site assessment should this be something you would like pursue. For new construction residential and commercial projects, Gridworks can provide a design and quote directly from the drawings for the building. Please complete the form below to contact us and get started today!